Monday, July 12, 2010

Gary





Okay folks, I need a bit of help here. I'm sure most people will recognise the work of the illustrator above who signs his work as 'Gary'. I've only ever seen it in the 'Culture' supplement of the Sunday Times but I've been loving his stuff for years now and reckon he's one of the best and most original caricaturists ever. Trouble is, I have no idea who this bloke is! I've trawled the interwebs several times now. I've even contacted the 'Times' and THEY couldn't even tell me who he is! Anyway, this is what I'm asking - if anyone has any clue as to who this person is, I'd be hugely grateful for any info. Fingers crossed!

2 comments:

Gillian Comerford said...

That's mad that the paper couldn't even tell ye. I am sure someone out there will be able to give ye a hand. Sherlock Holmes hats....ON!

Peter Slattery said...

Apparently the guy's name is Gary Smith. Someone's built a blog dedicated to his work here- http://garycatures.blogspot.com/